The EECA Clean Energy Expo is part of the REAL New Zealand Showcase - a programme being coordinated by the NZ2011 Office to present the very best of New Zealand business, innovation, expertise and excellence to the world during Rugby World Cup 2011. The Expo will feature workshops on geothermal and biomass aimed at businesses and industry, followed on the weekend by a public expo and tours. EECA will have an exhibition stand featuring a range of information on energy efficiency and renewable energy. The event is being held at the New Zealand Clean Energy Centre (NZCEC) in Taupo.
- 3 small scale wind turbines in action
- 3 solar hot water systems in action
- 2 solar photovoltaic systems (solar electric) in action
- A geothermal heating system in action
- An electric vehicle charging station (and go for a ride in an electric car)
- A micro hydro system being demonstrated
- A fabulous example of green, energy efficient architecture